We all know the fact; dogs are vulnerable and prone to several infections and diseases as compared to human. Dog’s heartworm infection is one of the most common issues that affect the pet health. It can affect your dog at any chance and can cause severe damage or even death. In fact, they suddenly become unable to cope with the viral infections and dramatically reduce their inner strength. With such significance, regulation of heartworm turns even vital for ensuring a fit health and strength.
Medications for Dogs
Vetafarm Products has special anti-heartworm medications to control the growth and spread of heartworm parasite from the body. We also offer medications for dogs including flea and tick protection, heartworm prevention, allergy relief medicines, antibiotics, fungal protection, pain relief medicines, respiratory solutions, anxiety and bladder control, dental & diabetes health medicines, neural health medications, first aid, heart and blood drugs, skin and coat, urinary vaccines and medicines for controlling the weight.
Some lesser known facts about heartworm medicines
- Monthly use of heartworm medications for dogs can prevent this disease from the life of your pet. When a dog tested positive your veterinarian may advice to use the medication for 2-3 months after every 28-30 days interval. The goal is to prevent the development of young heartworm so that aggressive treatment will be more effective.
- Certain breeds and dogs size are more inclined to Heartworm infections, which may cause them to dry cough, shortness of breath, weakness, nervousness, listlessness and loss of stamina. Vetafarm’s medicine provides the perfect way to deal with this disease.
- Heartworm doesn’t really aim to hurt the dogs, they just want to have a place to live and grow. The parasites merely need a site to grow and develop. If the system is not controlled by chance, your doggy will even face disastrous effects which can be very fatal to his health. For that reason, heartworm aims at strengthening the immunity of the pets. They can prepare their own self defense and won the battle against life-hacking threats.
- This medicine contains ivermectin, an anti-parasitic constituent used in medicines to prevent heartworm in dogs and treat various other parasite-related conditions such as demodectic and sarcopic manage, and ear mites. The drug is easy to manage and results are usually seen in 2-3 weeks. However, high doses of ivermectin can be dangerous, even fatal to dogs, especially to those with MDRI mutation.
- Dogs with other health complications may not be able to tolerate the standard treatment for dogs. An alternative ivermectin based medicine and doxycycline for 36 weeks greatly reduces the number of heartworms in the animal. Continuing it for 3-4 months keeps the heartworm at lower levels in the animal.
Heartworm medications for dogs provide a holistic approach for it’s’ prevention and control. As a dog owner, it becomes important to take good care of your pet health. If your pooch suffers from any of the symptoms, consult Dr Tony Gestier at Vetafarm to help you.